Today’s Assignment ~ Make sure that you have your prayer journal with you as you complete each day’s reading. You are going to want to keep track of the verses that are resonating with you, as you read.
1. If you have not already done so, answer the questions in this blog-post;
If you have answered them…review your answers prior to reading today’s assignment.
2. Say a prayer asking God to reveal Himself to you through His word.
3. Read John 16 – 21 and as you read, highlight verses that are speaking to your heart and reflect on these questions…
• What is the main point of this portion?
• What does God – Father, Son or Holy Spirit – reveal of himself?
• What insight am I given about myself and into my life situation? Is there an example of a warning to heed? A promise to claim?
• What does Christ require of me now, in thought, word or action?
A reflection on today’s reading…
9 I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. 10 For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return. 11 May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation—the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ—for this will bring much glory and praise to God. Philippians 1:9-11
I found a post on-line that truly provides wisdom and discernment regarding the above referenced verses. I am going to share the link with you…it is a bit long, but it is worth the time it will take you to read it.