Today’s Assignment ~ Make sure that you have your prayer journal with you as you complete each day’s reading. You are going to want to keep track of the verses that are resonating with you, as you read.
1. If you have not already done so, answer the questions in this blog-post;
If you have answered them…review your answers prior to reading today’s assignment.
2. Say a prayer asking God to reveal Himself to you through His word.
3. Read 2 Corinthians 4 – 6 and as you read, highlight verses that are speaking to your heart and reflect on these questions…
- What is the main point of this portion?
- What does God – Father, Son or Holy Spirit – reveal of himself?
- What insight am I given about myself and into my life situation? Is there an example of a warning to heed? A promise to claim?
- What does Christ require of me now, in thought, word or action?
A reflection on today’s reading…
17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
18 And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. 19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. 20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” 2 Corinthians 17- 20
I am so blessed that my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ did not feel indifference to me. I am so thankful that when I turned my back on Him…He still showed me His love and made my life brand new.
He relentlessly pursued me and when I was at my lowest point, crying out that I was all alone…He proved me wrong. He wrapped me in His love and changed the course of my life and the life of my family through His love.
If I am going to be Jesus with skin on to this world, then indifference and hate cannot be a part of my vocabulary. He made a difference in my life and I have to use His Love to make a difference in someone else’s life. I cannot offer less to others than what He offered to me.
We have to stop offering each other excuses and justifications for turning our backs on people. The world is hard, we need to be soft. The world is hate: we need to be love. The world is sad; we need to spread joy. The world is dark; we need to point people to the One who can turn on the light. The world conforms; we need to be transformed.
We need to point the world to God and share the good news that will make them brand new, “Come back to God!”