Today’s Assignment ~ Make sure that you have your prayer journal with you as you complete each day’s reading. You are going to want to keep track of the verses that are resonating with you, as you read.
1. If you have not already done so, answer the questions in this blog-post;
If you have answered them…review your answers prior to reading today’s assignment.
2. Say a prayer asking God to reveal Himself to you through His word.
3. Read Hebrews 5 – 8 and as you read, highlight verses that are speaking to your heart and reflect on these questions…
- What is the main point of this portion?
- What does God – Father, Son or Holy Spirit – reveal of himself?
- What insight am I given about myself and into my life situation? Is there an example of a warning to heed? A promise to claim?
- What does Christ require of me now, in thought, word or action?
A reflection on today’s assignment…
5 Every high priest is a man chosen to represent other people in their dealings with God. He presents their gifts to God and offers sacrifices for their sins. 2 And he is able to deal gently with ignorant and wayward people because he himself is subject to the same weaknesses. 3 That is why he must offer sacrifices for his own sins as well as theirs.
4 And no one can become a high priest simply because he wants such an honor. He must be called by God for this work, just as Aaron was. 5 That is why Christ did not honor himself by assuming he could become High Priest. No, he was chosen by God, who said to him,
“You are my Son.
Today I have become your Father.” Hebrews 5:1-5
One of my dearest friends shared a devotional that her son, a newly ordained pastor, wrote today on her facebook page. I read it right before I read Day 58’s assignment and as soon as I started reading Hebrews 5, I immediately thought of his post.
There is much wisdom in the words that John has written and I am going to share a link to his post and reading it…is part of your assignment for today.
There will not be an assignment on Thanksgiving Day…we will take the day off. I hope that you all enjoy the day with family and friends…Happy Thanksgiving, friends!!!