Today’s Assignment ~ Make sure that you have your prayer journal with you as you complete each day’s reading. You are going to want to keep track of the verses that are resonating with you, as you read.
1. If you have not already done so, answer the questions in this blog-post;
If you have answered them…review your answers prior to reading today’s assignment.
2. Say a prayer asking God to reveal Himself to you through His word.
3. Read Acts 21 – 24 and as you read, highlight verses that are speaking to your heart and reflect on these questions…
• What is the main point of this portion?
• What does God – Father, Son or Holy Spirit – reveal of himself?
• What insight am I given into myself and into my life situation? Is there an example of a warning to heed? A promise to claim?
• What does Christ require of me now, in thought, word or action?
A reflection on today’s reading…
10 “The governor then motioned for Paul to speak. Paul said, “I know, sir, that you have been a judge of Jewish affairs for many years, so I gladly present my defense before you. 11 You can quickly discover that I arrived in Jerusalem no more than twelve days ago to worship at the Temple. 12 My accusers never found me arguing with anyone in the Temple, nor stirring up a riot in any synagogue or on the streets of the city. 13 These men cannot prove the things they accuse me of doing.
14 “But I admit that I follow the Way, which they call a cult. I worship the God of our ancestors, and I firmly believe the Jewish law and everything written in the prophets. 15 I have the same hope in God that these men have, that he will raise both the righteous and the unrighteous. 16 Because of this, I always try to maintain a clear conscience before God and all people.” Acts 24:10-16
I wanted to share a sermon that I found on youtube that speaks to the verses in today’s scripture that spoke to me. It is an important message for both the saved and the unsaved.