Today’s Assignment ~ Make sure that you have your prayer journal with you as you complete each day’s reading. You are going to want to keep track of the verses that are resonating with you, as you read.
1. If you have not already done so, answer the questions in this blog-post;
If you have answered them…review your answers prior to reading today’s assignment.
2. Say a prayer asking God to reveal Himself to you through His word.
3. Read Acts 9 – 12 and as you read, highlight verses that are speaking to your heart and reflect on these questions…
- What is the main point of this portion?
- What does God – Father, Son or Holy Spirit – reveal of himself?
- What insight am I given into myself and into my life situation? Is there an example of a warning to heed? A promise to claim?
- What does Christ require of me now, in thought, word or action?
A reflection on today’s reading…
“Saul stayed with the believers in Damascus for a few days. And immediately he began preaching about Jesus in the synagogues, saying, “He is indeed the Son of God!” Acts 9:19b-20
Saul was not a good or godly man when we first read about him. He was killing and persecuting Christians. But look what God was able to accomplish through the life of Saul whom He transformed into Paul.
This story gives me hope. God took a murderer and redeemed Him into a shining beacon of His truth!! It just goes to prove that God does not call the equipped, He equips the called.
Where ever you are in your walk with the Lord, God can use you, just as He used Paul, to bring people to Christ. Let God transform you into an instrument of His love and truth, to this world of hurting people who need to know Jesus.