Today’s Assignment ~ Make sure that you have your prayer journal with you as you complete each day’s reading. You are going to want to keep track of the verses that are resonating with you, as you read.
1. If you have not already done so, answer the questions in this blog-post;
If you have answered them…review your answers prior to reading today’s assignment.
2. Say a prayer asking God to reveal Himself to you through His word.
3. Read 1 Corinthians 5 – 8 and as you read, highlight verses that are speaking to your heart and reflect on these questions…
- What is the main point of this portion?
- What does God – Father, Son or Holy Spirit – reveal of himself?
- What insight am I given into myself and into my life situation? Is there an example of a warning to heed? A promise to claim?
- What does Christ require of me now, in thought, word or action?
A reflection on today’s reading…
“You say, “I am allowed to do anything”–but not everything is good for you. And even though “I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a slave to anything.” 1 Corinthians 6:12 (NLT)
What things are you allowing yourself permission to do that are really not to your benefit in your walk with the Lord? Because to me the bottom line is this, if our hearts are not in the right place with the Spirit in our center…no book that we read is going to help us, not even the Bible. I think that we need to spend time with Him today to center ourselves on Him and to ask Him to do His good work inside of us…first, foremost and always. He should be our ultimate prize in everything that we do, even this Bible Study.
When we are solely operating in the flesh, we will get nowhere and we can lead other people nowhere with us. I want to be an Ambassador of His love in other people’s lives and, to do that, I have to filter everything that I do through Him. Lots of things are permissible in the world in which we live…but not all of these things are of benefit to us and the people that we influence, as God’s representatives on this earth.
If you are reading this and you have already spent time with God this morning, I am going to ask you to go back to the Lord at some point in your day today and, ask Him to help you determine what things there may be in your life that you are granting your flesh permission to do that He feels are not to your benefit. Please ask God to open the hearts of each person who reads this post today and ask Him help them to filter their permissible through HIS beneficial.
This is my prayer for all of you this morning…click the link below.