Today’s Assignment ~ Make sure that you have your prayer journal with you as you complete each day’s reading. You are going to want to keep track of the verses that are resonating with you, as you read.
1. If you have not already done so, answer the questions in this blog-post;
If you have answered them…review your answers prior to reading today’s assignment.
2. Say a prayer asking God to reveal Himself to you through His word.
3. Read the book of Titus and as you read, highlight verses that are speaking to your heart and reflect on these questions…
- What is the main point of this portion?
- What does God – Father, Son or Holy Spirit – reveal of himself?
- What insight am I given into myself and into my life situation? Is there an example of a warning to heed? A promise to claim?
- What does Christ require of me now, in thought, word or action?
A reflection on today’s reading…
15 “Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good.”
I have met many people through conducting these on-line Bible Studies and challenges that I might not have known any other way. And even though I have never met most of them face to face they have revealed their true hearts to me through their daily posts, the occasional phone conversation and their willingness to pray and offer encouragement to me, and, most importantly, through the leading of the Holy Spirit. This is the positive side to our interaction through social media.
There is a darker side too. Facebook posts don’t just shine a light on the good inside of us; they also can shine a light on what is negative in us too.
I want my life, and that includes my posts into a social media forum to reveal a sincere heart that loves the Lord. I want people to look at me and not see me, but see Jesus shining through. I don’t want to ruin what God is doing through the Many Strands page by posting ungodly thoughts or pictures…I am even careful about sharing posts from other pages. If the name of the page does not match the post they are sharing, I will not place it on my profile page.
Christ followers are supposed to look like Christ. We are not to follow the ways of this world or to look and act as they do. We need to be the light and shine that light on Jesus. I don’t care if you remember my name, or if you like or follow me…I care that what I share makes you remember His name, and points you to Love and follow Jesus!!!
Are your posts on social media shining the light of Jesus and pointing other’s to Christ??