Neither Day 5 nor Day 6 are titled “Blessings follow Obedience”…I have just been receiving some blessings from God over the past week and I know it is because I have been obeying God’s call on my life…I don’t want anyone to be confused and think they are reading a post about the wrong book. 🙂
And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the LORD your God.
Two weeks ago I was not aware of the book “Wife After God: Drawing Closer to God and Your Husband”. Today I can feel the blessings from walking in obedience.
I have been married for almost 34 years, and you would think that my husband and I have it all figured out…after all 34 years is considered a milestone in this day and age but, we do not have it all together. If anything, this marriage has lasted because we are two very stubborn people and we don’t like to lose. Plus, honestly, we really do love each other and this family that God has bestowed upon us.
We just, sometimes, seem like magnets that are polar opposites with a force field that is just too strong to penetrate.
I am beginning to really see how much of the problem has been me. Not that he is perfect, but as a child of God I need to do the right thing, through trusting God, at all times.
I also need to remember some important points that are made in the first six days of the thirty devotions shared in this book…
1. God has a purpose for my marriage. (Genesis 1:27, 2 Corinthians 5:20)
2. My husband was designed, by God, to be respected by me. (Ephesians 5:21-33)
3. My husband and I both need companionship…God created us to seek companionship with Him and He wants my husband and I to be best friends too. He wants us to seek Him, also, as a couple. He should be the tie that binds us both together. (Genesis 2:18-22)
4. My husband is a gift from God. (Genesis 2:21-25)
5. I am to love my husband as Christ loved me. I am to bestow the same unconditional love on to Peter, as Christ showed to me when He allowed himself to be placed on that cross for my sins. (Hebrews 10:14)
6. I am to be reconciled to Christ and I am to be reconciled to my husband. I am not supposed to hold things against him. I know that this one is at the heart of most of our problems together. I am going to really need to work on the reconciliation, in all areas, of my marriage. (Romans 5:18-19, 2 Corinthians 5:18-20)
I also am very well aware that because I am determined to make God the center of my life, the center of my marriage and the center of my family…there will be obstacles and trials thrown at me from all sides. From outside of my nucleus, and more importantly and much more difficult…from within my nucleus!!! I know that I can do all things through Christ because He IS the source of my strength. Without Him I am nothing and I can do no good thing outside of Him. I need Him every minute of everyday!!
Those of you who have been reading these posts, I am going to need your prayers. My marriage and my family need your prayers. I appreciate you all and the prayers that I know you are speaking over us. I can feel them and I have already seen the results of your faithfulness.
I wanted to once again share with you the link to this book…
The link to the Unveiled Wife Website…
And the link to the daily prayer that is emailed from Unveiled Wife…
Here is the song that I would like to share with you today…
Blessings to you all,